This is a summer internship opportunity in Norwood, MA from June 3 - August 16, 2024. Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program and available for the entire duration of the internship. Start date will be June 3, 2024.
The Technical Development organization at Moderna is looking for top talent in science and engineering to deliver on its mission to design manufacturing processes for mRNA medicines. Summer Interns will have an opportunity to be part of high-performing project teams developing new manufacturing platforms to produce mRNA therapeutics and vaccines destined for clinical trials and commercial licensure. You will apply your educational background and learn new technical skills in the synthesis of mRNA, assembly of lipid nanoparticles and formulation of drug products to be administered to patients. You will develop a deep understanding of control strategies to ensure manufacturing processes can consistently deliver mRNA medicines of the highest quality.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Work with a team of highly skilled experts to come up to speed quickly on technology and techniques.
- Use laboratory, technical and communication skills to generate experimental results, perform data analysis, and document in formal reports including conclusions and recommended next steps.
- Perform process scale-up, support technology transfer and provide manufacturing support at internal Moderna, and external contract manufacturing sites.
- Participate in planning, design, execution, analysis of experiments and formal risk assessments to establish critical process parameters, and overall process control strategies.
- Optimize the impact of formulation and processing conditions on the stability of mRNA drug products and process intermediates
- Review and share relevant academic literature, and establish new collaborations with internal research and manufacturing groups.
- Create scaled-down models, and high throughput experimental setups for unit operations
- Characterize mRNA and lipid nanoparticles through collaboration with the analytical team
- Prepare technical reports and present finding in cross-functional meetings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- Current student working towards Bachelors or Masters in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biomolecular Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biostatistics, Biomedical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Bioengineering or a related field
- Strong fundamental scientific and engineering skills for the evaluation of experimental data
- Laboratory skills applicable to bioprocess development and analytical methods
Moderna is pleased to provide you with an innovative suite of benefits, including:
- GPA of 3.5 on a 4 scale or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as the ability to contribute to high performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless, Curious, and Collaborative.
- Free premium access to meditation and mindfulness classes
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Since our founding in 2010, we have aspired to build the leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to reimagine how medicines are created and delivered, and a world-class team. We believe in giving our people a platform to change medicine and an opportunity to change the world.
By living our mission, values, and mindsets every day, our people are the driving force behind our scientific progress and our culture. Together, we are creating a culture of belonging and building an organization that cares deeply for our patients, our employees, the environment, and our communities.
We are proud to have been recognized as a Science Magazine Top Biopharma Employer, a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators, and a Great Place to Work in the U.S.
If you want to make a difference and join a team that is changing the future of medicine, we invite you to visit modernatx.com/careers to learn more about our current opportunities.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.