- Perform the set-up, changeover, operation, and the troubleshooting of all.
- Packaging/inspection equipment at the Wyckles location.
- Communicate with machine manufacturers and other production technicians.
- Clean or wipe down all packaging equipment as needed or stated in SOP's.
- General upkeep of all inspection/production lines.
- Assist in the training of co-workers on plant operations, equipment set-up, changeover and troubleshooting.
- Maintain a neat and orderly tool room and work area.
- Ensure that all equipment and components needed for packaging lines are in place and ready to go ahead of scheduled time.
- Perform maintenance as necessary or as production allows performing work orders and PM's in the packaging or inspection areas.
- Maintain documentation according to SOP's
- Follow company policies and safety regulations.
- Assist that all packaging/inspection lines are completely purged of all product and components from the previous batch before another is brought to that line.
- Maintain packaging lines in accordance with cGMP and SOP's
- Follow established controlled substance SOP's
- Mechanics verify product integrity after equipment setup (Inspection, Labeler, Cartoner, Etc.) and after any equipment adjustment. Assist QA as needed.
- Entry level, self-sufficient on 1-2 packaging lines
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidate with one year plus of manufacturing mechanical and/or electrical skills preferred.
Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (more than 50%) required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently (25% to 50%) required to use hands to finger, handle or touch. The employee must regularly to sit, talk, hear, reach above shoulders, and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Safety Shoes are required to be worn.Company Overview Who we are?
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.