Packaging Operator will work in a fast paced environment and is responsible for ensuring our products are packaged according to company quality standards in a safe and efficient manner.Support all facets of production at the Wyckles Road Facility.
Include the following. Other duties may be negotiated.
- Inspection of finished products. Certification must be completed.
Wyckles: Ability to inspect/operate/pack and complete necessary documentation.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires inspection training and certification, recertified yearly.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Able to maintain a set line pace and/or work independently efficiently.
- Requires prolonged sitting and or standing.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate packaging equipment.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers and inspect product.
- Follow establishes SOPâ€™s
- May require lifting of trays of products.
- May require overtime.
- Destruction of filling or inspection rejects and media filled product.
- Able to follow directions thoroughly and efficiently.
- Practice general safety guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to meet attendance standards.
- All full-time employees are required to work a 40-hr week.
- At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school or equivalentPHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Mental Requirements include:
Company Overview Who we are?
- Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise
- Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues
- Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies
- Ability to follow safety and security practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress
- Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
- Maintain confidentiality of certain information
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patientsâ€™ lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.