Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for Accounting Interns for the summer of 2022! Each Intern will work in one key area of the finance team below for the duration of the summer. Option to be remote or hybrid depending on candidate location.
Possible areas could include:
- Tax (Income/Transaction) - Emphasis on federal, state and international tax reporting, providing support for tax accounting and transfer pricing. Prepare assigned corporate tax returns and other reporting requirements. Learn the tax return preparation process.
- Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting - Update policy, gather support, and organize/refine the workbooks that the reporting team uses to compose public documents. Interns in the executive financial reporting unit assist with the preparation and filing of all SEC Documents.
- Internal Audit - Assist the Internal Audit Team in planning, performing, and reporting on financial (SOX) and operational audits. Interns benefit from exposure to all levels of company management, the daily operations of the company, and to our external auditors.
Interested in a more traditional finance role? Be sure to check out the other job posting on our website for roles within various corporate finance teams at Scotts.
The ideal candidate will have a strong balance of quantitative analytical skills, creativity and business acumen. In addition, he/she will have demonstrated initiative, time management skills, flexibility and the ability to interact effectively with multiple business partners & functions.
What you'll do in this role:
- Gain exposure to enterprise information systems (SAP/BW) for data analysis.
- Utilize enterprise information systems for significant data analysis on customer sales, product sales, profitability, and trends. Work closely with cross-functional partners and management to create reporting related to these items.
- Assist in monthly accounting processes including month-end close, analysis of monthly results and preparation of monthly forecasts & annual budget.
- Assistance with annual physical inventory process.
- Visualize data using Tableau and other software.
- Analyze data for trends and insights.
- Participate in statistical analysis projects.
- Present data-driven recommendations.
- Provide support for annual budgeting process.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Junior/senior level standing with a major in Accounting/Finance/MIS/Analytics/other business-related at an accredited institution.
- Prior internship or other relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or analytics.
- Experience using SAP and BW preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite due to the amount of time spent analyzing data.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally within the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong initiative and results-oriented.
- Ambition and confidence in their abilities to effectively solicit information and recommend change.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law
This job has expired.