Responsible for participating in the daily activities and assigned projects within an assigned organization. Partake in the opportunity to learn and gain real world experience from a world class insurance organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Develop a basic understanding of the content of policies written by the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the functions of other departments as needed or when appropriate
- Develop a basic understanding of systems and technology used within the company
- Identify customer needs, both internally and externally, and work to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
- Assist in generating letters and other correspondences
- Perform other projects and assignments as directed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment; remain flexible and adaptable
- General knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective organizational, time management and detail oriented skills
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of presentation and public speaking skills
- Willingness to work the required schedule
- Currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year program, Junior preferred
- Exhibit track record of success both academically and extra-curricular (GPA - 3.0 or higher)
- Possess course work relevant to assigned organizational area
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.