With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
- 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources
Founded in 2006, Optumas works primarily with State Medicaid agencies and Medicaid Managed Care Plans, providing guidance and strategy to help them remain efficient and effective purchasers of healthcare Services. Optumas is also on the forefront of healthcare reform initiatives, helping multiple states weigh the opportunities and consequences created by constantly changing healthcare delivery and payment systems.
The Health Care Senior Manager will manage various consulting engagements including planning, communication, quality controls, client relationships, resource needs, training, monitoring, deliverable preparation, and project evaluation. The Health Care Senior Manager will manage and support various health care consulting engagements; identify, assess, and evaluate health care delivery system and payment transformation opportunities; conduct policy and regulatory research; perform analysis of health care data; prepare written documentation that supports findings and conclusions; conduct client and stakeholder meetings, monitor project deadlines; coordinate staff assignments; manage completion of deliverables; and identify new business opportunities to help the firm grow.
We are accepting remote applicants as well as applicants willing to relocate to Scottsdale, AZ for this role.
- Lead and provide management on various consulting engagements, primarily in the Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) arena
- Conduct project planning and evaluate operational performance
- Provide oversight of work plan functions, due dates, and preparation of deliverables
- Develop a system of quality controls and procedures
- Monitor compliance with professional standards
- Develop subject matter expertise
- Develop engagement tools, resources, and reference materials
- Analyze and report industry trends
- Collaborate with colleagues on the management of the team, contract, and practice areas
- Provide support and contribute to other engagements and teams
- Cultivate new opportunities and/or services
- Represent the firm at conferences, workshops, and other industry related events
- Establish, develop, and monitor client relationships
- Evaluate and ensure client satisfaction with work product
- Recruit, develop and retain staff
- Maintain security and confidentiality of protected health information and other sensitive information
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science or other quantitative fields required
- Open to actuaries and non-actuarial staff
- At least 5 years of Medicaid related experience required
- Experience in actuarial principals and practices required
- At least 3 years of consulting experience required
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience required
- Proficient use of applicable software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients and internally at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effectively multi-task with planning and efficiency
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented environment effectively and comfortably
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, client service and leadership skills
- Ability to formulate business, technical, and operational strategies
- Must be able to travel on occasion based on business and client needs
In compliance with states that have an active pay transparency law, the annual salary target for this job in this market is $130,000-$150,000. The specific compensation
for this role will be determined based on education, experience and skill set of the individual selected for this position.
The compensation above is not representative of an employee's total compensation. Beyond income, you have access to: comprehensive medical and dental insurance, retirement savings, life and disability insurance, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, certification incentives, education assistance, referral program and much more.
#LI-Remote REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free)or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION