The Morgridge College of Education is looking to hire adjunct instructors for the 2021-2022 academic year to teach a variety of graduate courses in the SchoolCounseling@Denver online program. Courses may vary. More information about the courses can be found on the Registrar's Office schedule of classes at https://www.du.edu/registrar/course/scheduleofclasses.html. This posting will serve for multiple openings.
Basic Teaching Duties
Course Adjunct Faculty Responsibilities:
- Facilitate live, 100-minute class meetings via the Zoom platform once a week.
- Regularly monitor and provide feedback on student asynchronous work, as needed, via the 2DU platform.
- Meet with students as needed to support their success.
- Provide assignment feedback and grades to students in a timely manner.
- Participate in program outcome and student concern/disciplinary activities as needed.
- Participate in meetings with the assigned Course Lead as needed.
- Master's degree in relevant content area (e.g., Counseling, School Counseling).
- Previous teaching experience.
- Previous experience as a school counselor or counseling children/adolescents.
- PhD in relevant content area (e.g., Counseling, Counselor Education) from CACREP Accredited program.
- Licensed/certified school counselor.
This is an ongoing posting that will apply to multiple quarters, applications will be reviewed as they are received. Special Instructions
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu
to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Course Rate
$705 per credit hour taught
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status. Benefits
The University of Denver
offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver
. Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law. All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.Advertised:
July 21, 2021 Applications close: