West Virginia University School of Dentistry is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Associate.
About the Opportunity
As an Administrative Associate, you will provide administrative support to the Associate Dean of Post-Doctoral Affairs. You will manage and coordinate the School of Dentistry’s graduate and postdoctoral programs in conjunction with the Health Sciences Center Graduate Programs Office. Independently advise graduate and postdoctoral students.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year (for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
PAY GRADE - 14What you'll do:
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs and graduate program directors:
- Organize functions hosted by the program such as luncheons, banquets, workshops, receptions, and other business meetings, both on and off campus.
- Compose correspondence, independently or in accordance with general instructions on a wide range of subjects requiring a high degree of knowledge and familiarity with various programs; type complex letters, reports, proposals, charts, graphs, forms, minutes and memos from rough draft to final form utilizing word processing software; proofread all typed materials and corrects errors in sentence structure, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Assist in the preparation or maintenance of self-study, forms and surveys for the accreditation process.
- Coordinate documentation of all postdoctoral student/residents' course and clinic schedules, document a curriculum summary for each program and prepare Senate submissions for all course changes, as appropriate. Track the outcomes assessment measures for postdoctoral programs in the form of student performance, evaluations of courses, faculty evaluations, etc. and maintain the website information for all postdoctoral programs.
- Provide guidance to students on a wide variety of academic and professional issues and makes a determination regarding when to refer these issues to other University or outside sources. This responsibility requires a complete knowledge of resources for financial, medical, personal, and psychological needs; serve as a liaison between students and faculty.
- Manage the thesis process by working with each student and the Office of Graduate Admissions in preparation of required forms such as plan of study, Thesis proposal defense form, Thesis Research form, Committee approval form, and shuttle sheet.
- Manage graduation process by assisting the academic dean regarding processing of diploma list and completion of student certificates.
- Manage updates to graduate catalog by preparing a curriculum summary for all programs regarding required courses to include course director, WVU ID, credit hours, semester course is offered.
- Manage the Schedule Listing Index through the Office of Facilities Planning and Scheduling. Update all courses, faculty and meeting times for all courses in the post-doctoral curriculum each semester for each program.
- Manage processing of tuition waivers for the School of Dentistry to include students, faculty and staff.
- Manage the processing of stipends for all residents.
- Manage processing of faculty for graduate faculty status. Assist faculty member in preparing appropriate documentation to request membership and track membership status and notify faculty of membership renewal
- Manage the budget for Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Manage student files from time of admission into postdoctoral programs through graduation by preparing course registration each semester, tracking of grades, etc.
- Provide educational and regulatory instruction to residents, faculty, staff, etc. for utilizing programs necessary to educational processes, such as E-Value for duty hour and portfolios.
- Coordinate hiring process for incoming residents, including coordination and selection in interview process, assuring completion of required processes including background checks, credentialing, visa applications, benefit reviews, required training certification and completing exit interviews.
- Execute all required paperwork and processes from employment of resident to termination of the program, including offer letters, and training verification forms.
- Serve as the primary individual responsible for onboarding and orientation activities of new residents. Collaboration with clinical areas, medical staff affairs, information technologies, education and training and other appropriate entities to ensure a timely and efficient onboarding experience for all new residents.
- Initiate and maintain data base information for specialty boards and specialty societies to assure that residents are properly registered and eligible to obtain needed credentials and certifications upon program completion.
- Initiate appropriate Request for Contract and Residency Agreement for each resident yearly, secure contracts from Hospital and State, obtain necessary signatures and appropriately file contracts as per HR requirements.
- Provide supervision of resident’s ongoing governing body requirements including Institutional CBL’s; ACGME Statistical Entry; Employee Health Immunizations; ACGME Duty Hours; Institutional Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and Credentialing Policies; Required medical certifications that meets the standards established by each specific specialty.
- Assist in other capacities within the Offices of Academic Affairs as deemed necessary and appropriate.
This job has expired.
- Associate degree OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of high-level executive office experience.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, and protocol.
- Knowledge of specific School of Dentistry programs and curriculum, policies, procedures, and the ability to interpret and apply these policies to unique work situations.
- Ability to determine on which matters further consultation with Supervisor are necessary.
- Ability to make complex decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to make recommendations to faculty, staff and students requiring decisions concerning curriculum and other academic matters.
- Knowledge of academic record keeping.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures governing academic and professional standards.
- Demonstrated ability to apply judgment, discretion and initiative in the work environment in a variety of subjects, projects, and/or programs.