Administrative Coordinator, Diversity Outreach and Off-Campus Recruitment - 501543
The Administrative Coordinator in the Office of Admission serves as a member of the office's Diversity Outreach and Off-Campus Recruitment team and is an integral contributor to the University's recruitment and admission efforts and processes. The Administrative Coordinator provides high level support for admission travel, off-campus programming, and Alumni Recruitment Committee (ARC) activities.
Provide extensive administrative coordination for recruitment and off-campus programming.
- Manage office-wide registration for off-campus recruitment events and assist with Slate CRM activity related to college fair invitations as needed.
- Support strategic recruitment decision-making through creation and modification of Slate CRM and Excel reports.
- Communicate with admission officers to ensure timely and thorough completion of travel proposals for planning and reporting purposes.
- Prepare office documents and develop/revise training manuals, proposals, and comprehensive reports for various recruitment programs and alumni recruitment activities.
- Support with planning and preparation for off-campus receptions including serving as liaison for volunteers attending the events and supporting primary event coordinator.
- Provide support and planning for on-campus programs aligned with off-campus recruitment initiatives.
- Assist with office-wide training in preparation for recruitment and travel activities and functionalities in Slate CRM.
- Facilitate budget-related requests and reconciliations.
- Maintain meeting minutes, calendars, databases, and files.
- Schedule and coordinate details for on- and off-campus meetings
- Hire, supervise, and train student employees whose focus is serving both the off-campus and international initiatives.
Provide extensive administrative coordination for Alumni Recruitment Committee activities.
- Maintain CRM activity including inbox, portals and database for volunteers.
- Execute ARC communication plan in coordination with program manager and manage oversight of ARC inbox.
- Support with the planning and implementation of the summer admissions workshop for legacy and special population students.
- Coordinate ARC coverage of college fairs, including pre- and post-event communications.
- Coordinate ARC coverage of on- and off-campus events.
- Manage alumni interview request and matching process.
- Implement alumni volunteer training resources and outreach, including presence at numerous campus events.
- Provide support for ARC meetings and events.
- Correspond with various internal and external audiences via telephone, email, and print communications.
Provide general administrative support.
- Participate in on-campus events throughout the year.
- Verify/allocate expenses; reconcile expense reports and credit card statements.
- Assist with phone coverage, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the value of inclusive diversity, including cultural sensitivity to and appreciation for experiences of international students, students of color, and other underrepresented populations.
- Expertise with Microsoft products, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail, thorough, and consistent with follow through.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and to work effectively with a team of professionals.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Ability to supervise student staff.
- Independent worker capable of performing job duties with a considerable degree of autonomy.
- The ability to handle highly confidential information.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two to four years of administrative support experience.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; including some evenings and weekends
Pay Grade 4 (Hiring Range $17.18 to $21.48 per hour) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.