West Virginia University Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Design is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Secretary Senior. This position provides administrative, business and financial support for the West Virginia Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit (WVCFWRU) through cooperation/contact with various WVU departments and United States Geological Survey (USGS) Headquarters in Reston, Virginia. Ability and acquired skills to integrate and coordinate all aspects of the everyday changing needs that will result in a successful, productive Unit office.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
PAY GRADE -12. WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets for each WVCFWRU account. (Currently 26 active accounts). Maintain and balance all WVCFWRU accounts working in the Oracle system (Grants View and General Ledger). Provide Leader and Assistant Leaders with information regarding expenditures and balances. Coordinate in planning and formulation of future budgets.
- Verify vendor registration in the Oracle System.
- Set up and maintain spreadsheets for all Federal money awarded from USGS to the Unit. Balance monthly with Federal Expense Reports and submit required monthly verification form.
- Submit monthly Federal Mastercard statements to Reston Headquarters coded with correct budget object class and funding information (5 Federal Vehicle Accounts, 3 staff accounts)
- Prepare for submission Research Work Orders as defined by Federal guidelines in coordination with the Unit Leader, Assistant Leaders, Principle Investigators, Office of Sponsored Programs and USGS Headquarters.
- Verify amounts for Research Work Order Electronic Drawdowns from WVU Financial Management office as required by Reston Headquarters. Amounts are verified by checking expenditures/dates in Oracle and the Federal ASAP System. Accountable to Reston Headquarters for any verification.
- Maintain Unit calendar by coordinating research activities/travel for Leader and Assistant Leaders.
- Gather, coordinate and prepare agenda for meeting and conferences for Unit Leader and Assistant Leaders. Collect and maintain monthly vehicle usage information for the Unit Federal Vehicles. Includes submitting monthly vehicle reports electronically. Monitor and maintain vehicle maintenance records and driver information.
- Duplicate and collate reports.
- Coordinate special projects as instructed by Unit Leader and Assistant Leaders.
- Maintain student files and update as needed to have current First Aid, CPR, Federal Volunteer Forms, and DOI Training.
- Notify Division Office of Graduate Student salary project placement. Request salary transfers when necessary from the Assistant Dean's Office.
- Make necessary travel arrangements for Unit staff and students. Prepare expense accounts for reimbursement for Unit staff and students via the University system or the Federal system depending on funding source.
Up to 18 months education beyond high school or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 or more years experience:
- Knowledge of accounting and spreadsheet management
- Expertise with computer software programs pertaining to Word processing and spreadsheets.
Ability to work in an environment frequently interrupted by phone calls, student research technicians, facul and walk-in visitors.
Strong communication skills as needed (written/oral/telephone/in person to perform in an effective professional manner. Computer skills in various software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Oracle, Citigroup) Demonstrated skill in managing competing demands for services.
Demonstrated organization skills to plan and organize tasks and set priorities for responsibilities.
Demonstrated skill to plan and manage in an annual cycle with a multi-year perspective.
Ability to learn policy and procedures of WVU and also Federal policy and procedures ofthe Department ofthe Interior, USGS.
Ability to work independently.About WVU
Ability to lift and carry 25lbs. - occasionally moves offce supplies
Ability to walk up and down stairs to get to various locations in Percival Hall Close
Concentration and visual attention
Good hand/eye coordination