The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) is seeking a dynamic leader to lead our efforts to support a safe, innovative, and sustainable air transportation system as the Aeronautics Division Director.
At the Nebraska Department of Transportation, we enhance the quality of life for all Nebraskans by creating innovative, convenient, and safe transportation systems that connect people and communities. Our culture is vibrant, and teammates feel valued as individuals and as part of our team. We hire good people who share our sense of pride and are excited to make a difference.
Apply today using our quick apply process! The system will download your resume at the beginning of the process to fill in the required information. Please also attach your resume at the end of the process, one more time, before submitting your application. Thank you!
Examples of Work
• Direct and advance the efficient development of aviation in Nebraska through support of the Aeronautics Commission, public outreach/education, airport modernization, aviation safety and effective facility maintenance.
• Direct strategic planning, policy development, and statute development to respond to changes in operational and program needs, short and long-term goals, objectives, and priorities governing the operation of the division.
• Lead Aeronautics division teammates by providing a clear vision; plan, assign, and direct the work activities of division management and assigned staff work goals to ensure consistent application of administrative policies, procedures, and standards; mentor, coach, and provide professional development and training to division teammates.
• Evaluate progress of, and effectively measure strategic initiatives through the development of clear performance measures.
• Promote efforts to attract and develop the aviation ecosystem and its workforce to ensure the industry's long-term sustainability and resilience.
• Serve as the senior advisor to NDOT's Director on aviation operations and policy; provide strategic advice on aviation related issues.
• Serve as liaison between federal and state regulatory agencies, outside agencies and the public to ensure effective working relationships and successful partnerships.
• Direct and manage funding and expenditures for both state and federal dollars, loans, and grants, as allocated by the Nebraska Aeronautics Commission and Federal Aviation Administration.
• Provide fiscal oversight and lead the preparation and management of the division's operating budget to ensure adequate staff, material, and equipment resources for the operations of the division.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Aviation Administration, Airport Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field and seven years of progressively responsible managerial, supervisory, and administrative experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: This position is subject to Nebraska Revised Statute, Chapter 3, Section 103. The chief administrative officer of the division shall be the Director of Aeronautics who shall be appointed by and report directly to the Director-State Engineer, subject to confirmation by the Legislature, with due regard to his or her fitness through aeronautical education and by knowledge of and recent practical experience in aeronautics. The director shall devote full time to the performance of his or her official duties and shall not have any pecuniary interest in, stock in, or bonds of any civil aeronautics enterprise. The director shall, before assuming the duties of the office, take and subscribe an oath, such as is required by state officers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of aviation management and thorough knowledge of State and Federal regulations regarding airport operations through education and/or recent practical experience.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state aviation/FAA regulations.
• Excellent business knowledge and strong strategic-thinking, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Strong team leadership skills with ability to motivate teammates and partners to ensure high levels of engagement and performance.
• Ability to communicate effectively with executive branch, top management, various state, federal and local officials, news media, legislature, commission/board members, and congressional representatives and their staff.
• Strong public speaking skills and the ability to explain complex technical information to the public.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 10 hours ago
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted about 7 hours ago