Establishes a working relationship with customers via mail, telephone, or in person; process orders for products and services and review agreements or proposed agreements for conformity to company rates, rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Prepares for customer inquiries by studying products, services, and customer service processes.
- Responds to customer inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquires and responses; gather and researching information; assembling and forwarding information and quotation; verifying customers understanding of information and answer.
- Develops conceptual designs to facilitate customer integration and application opportunities. Works with designers and customer technical personnel to facilitate sale of the product.
- Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Develops and maintains a target customer activity plan that includes opportunities, quotes, orders, and projects at key customers.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on market and industry knowledge and information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, card deck leads, aged leads, business directories, Internet web sites and other sources.
- Handles inbound sales leads to convert calls into sales and overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers. Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Determines new specifications by studying product requirements, analyzing equipment design and capabilities.
- Provides product demos to qualified customers on request, emphasizes engineered features and advantages, quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Maintains and follows up with factory orders; estimates date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules. Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries and the product after shipment.
- Prepares product report by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information, trends and business transactions. Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations, ensure compliance with all ISO procedures within the order entry process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Significant knowledge and/or understanding of product lines
- Anticipate customer and market needs
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical and procedure manuals, and government regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports, operating instructions, procedure manuals, and business correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees and managers, customers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands- Frequent sitting; frequent computer and phone work. Occasional standing, walking, balancing, ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment - may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Noise level is moderate but must be able to wear ear protection when required. Ability to travel to customer sites.EEO Statement:
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.