Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 5.4 billion Euros turnover, over 900 laboratories across 50countries and about 55,000 staff.
If you're seeking to become engaged in purposeful work that will have a far-reaching impact, Eurofins Agroscience Services (EAS) provides the environment you're looking for. With more than 50 years' experience in the crop protection industry, EAS offers a unique portfolio of expertise, providing extensive laboratory and field support across multiple industries including agrochemical, biopesticide, pharmaceutical, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
When you join the EAS Group, you'll become an integral team member in supporting laboratory and business processes through technical operations and physical activity while building upon a versatile skills set.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Technician to work in our Aquatics Laboratory in Easton, MD.
Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Participates in laboratory housekeeping.
- Maintains clean laboratory conditions which include, but is not limited to, cleaning glassware and tanks, emptying broken glassware containers, cleaning lab equipment, etc. May be asked to move shelving, put together equipment in the lab or move tanks from one building to another.
- Participates in feeding, observation, and maintenance of culture organisms.
- Communicates effectively and regularly with supervisor regarding timelines, project completion, and any issues that may arise.
- Completes documentation legibly, timely, and accurately according to all regulatory requirements. Maintains and completes equipment log books.
- Depending on area of assignment, handles regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEA controlled, and radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures.
- Completes work for research and development, GLP studies and documents and reports data as appropriate.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College lab class experience is preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Easton, MD are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision optionsWhat Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.Your data
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
We reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Videos To Watch
This job has expired.