Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Forensic Architect with experience or interest in forensic investigation, litigation support, expert witness testifying, and design of architectural repairs and retrofits.
This individual will independently execute architectural investigations of existing buildings, identify and possibly design remedial repairs for deficient conditions. The investigations include assessment of building code deficiencies, building envelope defects, and cause and origin analysis. The candidate will be required to document and communicate findings in written reports. The candidate will be required to provide direction to, and review the work product of, entry-level staff; coordinate with other project managers on interdisciplinary efforts; support business development efforts, and develop and maintain client relationships.
- Independently conduct assessments of building envelope, fire-rated construction, disabled accessibility, and other architectural elements.
- Design and conduct origin and cause investigations.
- Review, specify and observe testing protocols.
- Perform document review and analysis, related to litigation support matters including standard of care.
- Analysis of building codes and various industry standards
- Memorialize findings in written communication, including reports
- Communicate with clients to understand project requirements and communicate findings
- Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare materials related to presentations.
- Manage and mentor other design team members.
- Perform peer reviews of architectural design and condition assessments, including order of magnitude cost estimating
- Potentially serve as a testifying expert in arbitration, deposition, or trial.
- Degree (Master's preferred) in Architecture or Architectural Engineering
- California Professional Architect License required; NCARB registration a plus.
- 8 to 12 years of Architecture experience
- Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally a plus
- Proficient in Sketchup, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Studio experience with Revit a plus.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. (US Locations Only)
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
This job has expired.