Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an Architectural Designer to join our design team in Portland, Maine. The ideal candidate will be energetic and have excellent communication skills, a passion for sustainable design, and technical architectural competency. Being well organized, proactive, and able to work cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team environment is important.
The Architectural Designer will be responsible for development of bid sets working with multi-disciplinary project teams from concept design through completion of construction. Projects include building renovations and new construction for Federal and State office buildings, museums, and visitor facilities; industrial office space, warehouses, and maintenance facilities, and high-security government and radar facilities.
As the successful candidate, you will join an established architecture team that has an excellent reputation and ambition to grow. We are composed of a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find sustainable solutions for our diverse and increasing customer base. Our team is recognized as a leader in architectural design nationwide within Wood and is known in the industry for delivering high-quality designs with technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. Our Portland, Maine team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like, flexible work environment while also having a large international organization's structure, resources, and opportunities. This is an opportunity to work with our talented Architects and Engineers in one of Wood's focused growth areas. If this appeals to you, we would like the opportunity to discuss with you further as we grow our team to support our current workload and advance strategic planning towards our future vision.
- Support Architects with d eveloping 2D and 3D presentation graphics and design and construction drawings
- Support studies and design development for a wide variety of facilities though the entire project life cycle
- Visit project sites to assess and document existing conditions
- Conduct code analyses, author reports, and develop aspects of technical architectural design under direction of a Senior Architect
Skills / Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in an Architecture- or Interior Design- related field
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in current digital modeling applications including Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite
- BIM experience
- Competency in technical aspects of facility design, from programming through construction services
- Interest to work in support of engineering-driven projects as well as architecturally driven projects
- Effective technical, written, and verbal communication skills
*This position does not offer Visa sponsorship
- Bachelor of Architecture degree from a NAAB-accredited Architectural program or Master's degree in an Architecture-related field
- Enrolled in NCARB's AXP program, pursuing architectural registration
- Civilian Federal Agency and DoD project experience
- Green Building Certification, LEED accreditation and/or WELL accreditation preferred
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you are an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.