As anAreaCost Control Engineeron the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you willassist the project team in the tracking, reporting and troubleshooting of all relevant cost and schedule information across an assigned area of the project.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Flatiron, Dragados USA and VINCI,has been selectedto construct the $3.3BN Design Build project -the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction.The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnelswill be boredby TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America.The projectis expectedto continue to the end of 2025.
- Assist Area Project Manager andDeputy Forecast Managerwith tracking and updating the relevant project information to the assigned cost control and forecasting programs (SPE and SIE).
- Prepare support/back-up for change ordersand claims to ContractManager in coordination with each Area PM.
- Tracking quantities: To revise remaining quantities for forecast analysis and provide with monthly performed quantities to the Progress Engineer in coordination with field engineers of each area.
- Prepare/review pre-closing & closing files requested by theprojectin coordination with the each Area Accountant. Ensure that project chargesare correctly representedfor accounting's closing process.
- Help prepare the monthly SPE follow-up report (deviation analysis) in coordination with theArea Project Manager.
- Participatein and chairweeklyproductivityandcost meetingswith field supervisors and Area PM to analyze incurred productivity, cost and deviations from the previous week.
- Review Change Orders andPayapps(work executed and invoices submitted by subcontractors) with the Superintendents, to verify what is tobe submittedfor payment application.
- Open and circulate cost codesensure theyaretrackedeffectively across the project.
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering, and design.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institutionrequired.
- Minimum 6 years' cost engineering experience within a construction firm.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in heavy civil construction involving means & methods.
- Construction experience in heavy civil projects and some field experience preferred.
- Knowledge in SPE, SIE andeCMSor similar system and knowledge in HCSS and AutoCAD preferred.
- Strong command of Microsoft officesuite.
- Excellent organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, schedule, organize, and prioritize activities.
- Exceptional problem solvingcapabilities with the ability to identify critical issues, seek relevant information, generatealternatives and logically weighoptions.
- Clear communication and teamwork - excellent oral presentation and written skills,listens, relays information and ideas clearly, and works effectively and cooperatively with others.
- Dependable with an emphasis on producing quality work - works diligently against deadlines, sets goals and achieves them, persists through obstacles, ensures work is timely and accurate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Auto Cad
- Claim Processing
- Enterprise Content Management
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.