As an Area QC Manager on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Quality and Environmental Programs for the HRBT Expansion project and branch office.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados, VINCI, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project -the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
The Area Quality Control Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of Quality Program for the HRBT Expansion project and branch office.
Principal/Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the jobsites in quality and environmental issues.
- Participate in planning of construction operations to ensure work meets the requirements.
- Participate in the execution of internal quality audits for the different jobsites and branch offices.
- Conduct follow-up meetings for the quality audits.
- Support during the initial phase of a project to identify the contract requirements of the proposals.
- Take active measures to prevent non-conformances/deficiencies from occurring in the projects.
- Responsible for the quality and environmental requirements during the proposal stage.
- Quality assurance of the proposals prepared in the branch office.
- Prepare quality and environmental monthly reports compiling all the information from the jobsites.
- Coordinator the development of QA/QC packages in support of the RFC approvals
- Supervise assigned subconsultants assigned QA/QC staff and assign task
- Participate in Work Preparation Meetings
- Review and support the development of daily & weekly activities schedules
- Participate in Works Kick off Meetings
- Review Work Plans against approved work packages
- Review and make recommendation to address Quality issues &concerns
- Coordinate Work Deficiencies review meetings and establish corrective measures to address such deficiencies.
- Ensure quality documentation and required records for the projects and branch office are in place.
- Participate in Quality Related meetings and provide solutions to issues and concerns
- In coordination with the quality representatives of each project, assure that all materials, workmanship, and construction are in full compliance with the contract plans and specifications.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in construction Quality Control / Quality Assurance and Environmental.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in heavy civil construction (roadway/bridge/tunnel).
- Minimum 3 years' experience with DOT Projects and Standards.
- Bachelor's degreein Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- Experience as a Quality Manager supervising a Quality Team.
- Must possess ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Must possess experience in quality management systems and quality system audits.
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Knowledge of codes and standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in quality management through Doc. Control Systems
- Knowledge of ISO guidelines is preferred.
- USACE - Construction Quality Management for Contractors Certified is preferred.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certified is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Attention To Detail
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Construction Quality Control
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.