The responsibility of this position is to assemble units following written and verbal instructions. To work with others as a team to address problems, meet standards, and produce quality products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow all safety requirements, reporting any issues to Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the quality of own work and co-workers on the flow line. Make suggestions and bring up issues to be resolved.
- Assemble and test products following visual work instructions and test instructions. Work on flow line as team member, meeting daily goals, and making suggestions for improvements. Rotating from one step to another to keep products flowing.
- Test and pack assemblies following visual work instructions and test instructions. Rotating from one packing station to another to keep products flowing.
- Rotate from different positions on flow line and other departments.
- Follow daily guidelines to meet efficiency and quality goals. Fill out daily production sheet to accurately maintain quantities on job routes.
- Report all production problems/or issues to the Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Follow all training expectations. Learn, remember, and follow all training procedures.
- Complete all training expectations. Must be solder certified and ESD certified.
- To adhere to 5S standards and making suggestions for better organization.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds unassisted in general production tasks and up to 50 pounds unassisted when assigned to packing.
- Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Formal production related training, including looking up information and entering information into the SAP system is desired.
Minimum of one year experience in a production/manufacturing environment. Requires soldering and/or microscope experience. Some cells will require additional and/or specific types of assembly experience. Example: small parts mechanical assembly, high volume assembly, sensor mounting.KNOWLEDGE
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- Basic computer skills including the ability to check reports and record information. Entry level SAP.
- Ability to train others on standard procedures and assemblies.
- Proficient at addition, subtraction, multiplication, and making measurements.
- Proficient at reading instructions and procedures.
- General working knowledge of measuring devices and test equipment.
Must be able to:
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Operate computer and other electronic equipment for testing or calibrating.
- Use hand and electric tools and manipulate small objects.
Work is typically performed in a standard production setting working at a workstation or table on a level surface. Air quality and noise levels are within normal limits. Eye protection is required. Under normal conditions, exposure to excessive noise, dust, humidity, and fumes is rare. May be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular workweek depending on workload and deadline requirements.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time. Some positions require standing for extended periods of time. Requires moving/walking in and out of work area to obtain materials, return materials, use calibration or testing equipment, or forward finished products. Normal periods of concentration required to complete assignments within established deadlines.POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. TRAVEL
No travel is expected for this position.
All offers of employment in the U.S., where legally permitted, are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine + 14 days) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption / reasonable accommodation from the vaccine requirement.
DICKEY-john manufactures monitors, controllers, moisture testers, ground speed sensors, and a variety of other systems used in agricultural, public works, and analytical markets. Customers range from individual farmers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). No matter what the size, the expectations are the same: a cost-effective, technologically advanced, precision product. Visit our products at https://www.dickey-john.com/Nearest Major Market:
Springfield Job Segment:
ERP, SAP, Air Quality, Assembly, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Entry Level
This job has expired.