Assistant Coach, Men's Lacrosse - 501892
This position is responsible for assisting with all phases of the Division I Men's Lacrosse program at the University of Richmond. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching and student-athlete skill development, recruiting, administrative tasks related to the operation of the program, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
Support and assist the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to succeed individually and as a team within the structure of the Department of Athletics.
- Provide student-athletes with appropriate coaching by imparting knowledge of the game and strategies for success.
- Utilize video and other technology to provide instruction.
- Design and implement skill instruction drills for individual and team practices.
- Assist with the oversight of training and team-building activities.
Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the team system developed by the head coach.
Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success.
- Assist the head coach in creating a positive educational environment.
- Encourage student-athletes to participate in the personal growth opportunities offered by the institution and the department.
- Work with the Athletic Academic Services department as needed.
Assist the head coach in managing various administrative tasks related to the operation of the program such as budget management and coordination of team travel.
Comply with NCAA, conference, and University of Richmond regulations. QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A thorough knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching Men's Lacrosse is required.
- Ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
- Previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable.
- A bachelor's degree is required; master's degree is preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Requires work on nights and weekends
- Regular travel required (recruiting and team travel)
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE