This job has expired.
DIVISION OF HEALTH INFORMATICS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
West Virginia University (WVU), Morgantown, West Virginia, is seeking a full-time faculty, non-tenure track (12-month) Assistant Professor to work with the Program Director in teaching HIIM courses, preparing the program for accreditation, and prepari¬¬ng students for successful careers in the profession.
The Professional Programs unit is home to over 2,100 students enrolled in degree programs including exercise physiology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, medical laboratory science, immunology, pathologist’s assistant, physician assistant, communication sciences and disorders, and health information management. The School of Medicine is part of a thriving academic medical center, which includes Schools of Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health. Together, the five schools provide robust opportunities and programs for interprofessional education, collaborative practice and research.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate HIIM courses, participation in accreditation processes, advising undergraduate students, and other responsibilities as required by the Program Director.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for consideration:
• Master's degree in Health Information Management, Healthcare/Business Administration, Leadership, or related field
• Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
• Minimum of 1 year experience teaching in higher education
• Understanding of the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) accreditation processes and protocols
• Professional membership in the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
• Professional experience of 2 years or more in fields relevant to this position, including health informatics/data analytics
• All qualifications must be met by the time of the appointment.
In addition to the required qualifications listed above, candidates with the following qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Minimum of 1 year previous experience teaching HIIM course work
• Minimum of 3 years professional experience in fields relevant to this position
• Evidence of scholarly activity (i.e. conference presentations, published work, etc.).
• Able to use an array of technology tools including databases, SQL, R, Tableau, Microsoft office suite, 3M Encoder, and social networking platforms.
As a land-grant institution, the faculty, staff and students at West Virginia University commit to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that advances education, healthcare and prosperity for all by providing access and opportunity; by advancing high-impact research; and by leading transformation in West Virginia and the world through local, state and global engagement. West Virginia University is a Carnegie-designated Doctoral Research/Extensive institution. The WVU Health Sciences Center includes the Schools of Pharmacy, Medicine, Dentistry, Public Health and Nursing. Patient care facilities include a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care, a Level I trauma center, and a 70-bed psychiatric hospital. Morgantown is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities.
First consideration will be given to applications received by August 1, 2022.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The appointment date is negotiable, but the goal is to have the position filled no later than September 1, 2022. Salary and academic rank will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate may be required to verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Applicants should apply at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=19491 with a cover letter of interest, current CV, and contact information, including e-mail addresses, for three professional references.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!