About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Assists with the planning, organization and management of the daily operations, maintenance and testing of a processing system. Ensures compliance with established environmental, safety, operating, and emergency response procedures. Maintains ongoing client interface appropriate to the Project to keep client informed and enhance client relations.
- Assists the Project Manager in the daily operation and maintenance of a water and wastewater system and ensures compliance with operational, QA/QC, safety, environmental, and performance metrics. Typically works with Operations, Maintenance and/or Lab Supervisors to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives.
- Assists the Project Manager the human resource functions of the facility or unit including hiring and firing, salary and job change actions, and coaching and counseling team. Works with HSE and training team to ensure that all personnel receive safety and process training. Coaches and counsels managers, supervisors and leads to improve technical skills, supervisory, interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Reviews and evaluates water/wastewater reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected water/wastewater needs. Ensures that uniform monitoring and recordkeeping are performed facility-wide.
- Prepares reports as directed concerned with chemical and bacteriological analyses of water for administrative purposes and regulatory agencies.
- Participates and supports Project Manager in client meetings as needed, and helps to handle resolution of client service problems in a professional manner. Assists with the preparation and/or review of reports to regulatory agencies and assists with public relations duties as necessary.
- Works with Project Manager to develop site specific or functional goals and activities required to meet overall business objectives. Maintains standards, guidelines and procedures. Identifies needed process improvements, evaluates new concepts, technologies and practices; recommends and helps implement approved improvements.
- Assists Project Manager in developing site objectives that align with Area Manager and assists managers and supervisors in developing goals and activities in their respective areas in order to meet overall business objectives.
- Regularly identifies, evaluates, recommends and helps implement approved improvements to improve utility reliability, regulatory compliance and/or cost effectiveness.
- Evaluates employee performance, matches abilities and job requirements and capitalizes on talents to effectively meet business objectives. Ensures that business initiatives and progress toward goals are effectively communicated to employees.
- Proactively manage safety, plant appearance and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including Hazardous Waste Disposal and Air Quality Standards. Ensures that issues are identified and addressed and elevated if necessary in a timely manner.
- Works with Project Manager and Department Managers to maintain an up-to-date plan of action to be taken in the event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure. Helps manages emergencies in an effective manner.
- Supports capital and facility improvement plans as required. Interacts with facility owner, engineers and other consultants, coordinates with contractors as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Three to five years progressive lead and/or supervisory experience within a related environment with thorough knowledge of industry methods, techniques, principles, and practices. May require knowledge of particular specialty.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with an understanding of Human Resources / Relations principles.
- Knowledge of Process / Operations Management, QA/QC procedures, Safety, Environmental and Facilities / Capital
- Equipment Management.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose process problems and manage remedial action.
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to communicate, manage budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
- Familiarity with maintenance, operation, and regulatory reporting.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
- Valid Driver's license and safe driving record.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.