A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma - Millipore CTDMO Services offers a comprehensive set of Biotechnology CDMO services (including cell line development, process and analytical development to clinical GMP manufacturing using mammalian cells expression systems). Our differentiated business model is dedicated to Biotech companies seeking a development partner supporting PD to cGMP and commercial manufacturing services.
The commercial team responsible for the MilliporeSigma Biologics CDMO Services Business drives sales and manages client relationships in the biologics manufacturing segment of the biopharmaceutical CDMO market. Through our understanding of our customers' needs, we look to develop and maintain effective business relationships to drive long term alliances with the top tier biologics clients in the industry and supporting their therapeutic developments for patients in need.
This role will consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by applying a working knowledge of biologics manufacturing and consultative and strategic selling skills to maintain and develop existing business and identify novel opportunities to expand our market reach. Utilizing available data sources to analyze and capitalize on territory opportunities with the greatest ROI will enable the new team member to develop strategic customer opportunities for our new large scale commercial facility.
This role requires a comprehensive understanding of the biologics market space, manufacturing technology and the drug development regulatory environment, as well as the ability to make strategic decisions and articulate this future vision to both internal and external audiences at all levels of the organization.
You will be expected to take on the following responsibilities:
This is a remote / home office environment opportunity with up to 40% travel. Preferred location San Diego or San Francisco with access to major airport. Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Establish and maintain influential relationships at all levels across customer base; critical at senior VP / CEO levels.
- Build collaboration with customers for long term and higher-level relationships in order to help the customer fulfill THEIR strategic objectives.
- Analyze market competition, trends and maintain a strong understanding of industry dynamics in an effort to identify new opportunities and build our customer pipeline.
- Seed, negotiate and close complex contractual deals for broad portfolio of CDMO services that meets or exceeds the yearly orders and revenues targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Cell Biology, Bioprocessing, Biochemistry or related discipline
- 3+ years of CDMO Services sales/technical sales experience or client relationship experience.
- Experience with market data analysis and lead generation.
- Ability to act as "voice of the expert", provide effective communication to achieve solid working relationships with customers.
What we offer:
- 8+ years professional / industry experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology and CDMO environment.
- Knowledge of process development, bioreactor technology, downstream processing, therapeutic development preferred.
- Experience within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with process development and quality assurance / quality control professionals.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to manage projects across functions.
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.