At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) is one of 26 production facilities in 18 countries that creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This biologics manufacturing facility makes a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. It's challenging but highly rewarding work, involves more than 675 talented people throughout the manufacturing lifecycle and supporting office functions. We work hard to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, and we take time to have fun and celebrate our accomplishments. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements.
The Automation Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to the manufacturing and logistics buildings at the Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) for troubleshooting, modifications and improvements to automation, data management/ storage systems and networks that are related to process, utility, and support equipment and systems.
What you'll do:
- Serve as functional lead on expansion capital projects and projects to replace existing automation infrastructure.
- Create/update equipment and automated systems operation and maintenance documentation and training materials.
- Maintain and update engineering drawings, SOPs, vendor documentation, and other technical documentation.
- Able to program and develop programs for our control network, building management systems (Siemens), VFD and motor control systems.
- Maintain a strong understanding of IT systems, reliability-centered maintenance, data analytics and validation principles.
- Resolve technical issues, identifying root causes and defining corrective/preventive actions with equipment and automated systems.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience.
- Minimum of one year of Pharmaceutical/Bioscience experience.
- Practical working knowledge of PLC systems (Rockwell Automation) or distributed control systems (Emerson DeltaV).
- Advanced understanding of instrumentation and control loop programming.
- Advanced understanding of risk assessment and mitigation.
- Experience in SAP, TrackWise, CAD, document management systems, and SharePoint is preferred.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.Find out more on Social Media:LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca/?hl=enAbout Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.