Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an Automation Technician in Kermit, TX . Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Responsible for the successful design and function testing of automation equipment to be deployed across Operations' functional teams
- Interfaces with the extended BU team - Operations & Maintenance, Discipline, Project and Production Engineering, Pipeline, Measurement and supporting the Optimization Team to develop the most appropriate application, engineering design, and support of automation
- Develops automation solutions to enhance surveillance and optimization efforts
- Provides technical and defect elimination support for the current automation fleet
- Develops and implements automation strategies for plunger lift, rod pump, and compression well types
- Provides support for programs in use by various functions for optimization and well site surveillance purposes (PLOT, XSPOC, etc.)
- Supports Artificial Lift and other functions (I&E, DE, etc.) as necessary with day-to-day tasks
- Provides a forward looking perspective to support development of an automation strategy considering the current state as well as any expected modifications that may be required
- Develops and implements artificial lift and compression control strategies as needed through alternative programming and controller logic avenues
- Develops solutions for automation equipment reaching end of life status
- Oversees, monitors, witnesses, and checks out: SCADA installation, Hook-Up, Programming, acceptance checks of Contractor's installation of Capital Project scope of work
- Provides Safety Leadership in the field, provides coordinated & support efforts for-to the construction I&E Supervisor/ I&E Lead/ Commissioning Lead
Skills / Qualifications
- Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function
- Performs varied and more complex tasks
- Makes decisions within broad parameters
- 8/6 work schedule
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.