Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
TheLaborerposition will supporttheU Pull & Pay Productionteam by leading and developing teammates, trackingperformance and identifying gaps,anddriving continuous improvement. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program
- General duties that may include but not limited tosweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard
- Preparing autos for processing such as trash removal, removing and disposing of designated parts,etc
- Fluid removal and reclaiming
- Operate small equipment. Potential to operate larger industrial equipment
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor
- Willing to cross-train in other positionsand assist other employees as needed
- Other duties assigned by your manager
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standardsat all times.
- Able to take direction and work on a team
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time andlift upto 50lbs
- Pre-employment criminal background and drug screen required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Comfortable working outdoors
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions
- Prior automotive experience a plus