Location: Bedminster, NJ
Description: Our client is currently seeking a AWS CLOUD DEVELOPER - II
BlueJeans Advanced Collaboration Team (ACT). We push the boundaries of collaboration and communications applications by leveraging emerging and cutting-edge technologies. We are a fast-paced product team building next generation applications, platforms, SDKs, and APIs to enhance the capabilities of our widely used software products.
We are looking to extend the reach of our current systems as well as to add to our product portfolio by growing a team to implement immersive technologies that leverage our IP and subject matter expertise. We're looking for motivated, creative software engineers who are excited to join our team and to be on the front lines of this emerging field.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Work to develop new projects built on AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Develop new and improved backend services using the latest technologies and best cloud computing practices
• Build out both server and serverless compute, in a secure and scalable way
• Utilizing the AWS cloud to its fullest extent for modern application development
• Manage deployments to the AWS cloud using continuous integration (CI/CD)
• Work with QA team to ensure security and reliability
• Work with PMO to implement processes and plan for scheduled deliverables.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams across various client platforms
• Integrate new architectures and technologies into our existing stack.
• Promote, foster, and lead innovation within the team to improve and grow our technology base.
• 3-5 years of experience building services on AWS cloud
• Proficient in a modern object-oriented language such as Java, Python, or Go
• Familiar with serverless computing and Docker
• Understanding of scalable architectures, and how to ensure secure and highly available services
• Knowledgeable about security in the cloud, and how to achieve it
• Some database experience using either noSQL or relational databases.
• Able to demonstrate quality of their work, and explain principles to others
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Enjoys working in a challenging technical environment and is able on multiple concurrent projects.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic about their work.
• Experience with dynamic scripting languages such as:
• Experience with cloud-based video streaming
• Experience using ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and/or graph databases
• Experience with Kubernetes