BH Intake Case Manager
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you'll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You'll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Position Summary: To provide substance abuse screening and assessments; case management support; screen clients for services; triage for urgent services; schedule assessments for directing provider; contact all referred clients including those referred from medical services, emergency services, phone referrals, faxed referrals, and all referrals sent via electronic medical records; open & closing referrals. For emergent/urgent care: provide substance abuse harm reduction strategies; engage clients and families in a therapeutic alliance; perform functional assessments within their expertise; coordinate rehabilitation planning and periodic review for assigned clients who are participating in educational and/or independent living skills training programs.
- Associates or Bachelors degree; in Social Work or Human Service field or a closely related field preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Case management and/or direct care work with persons with a substance use disorder desirable.
- Two (2) years' experience in the field of Behavioral Health or similar Community Service.
- Experience with youth & adults experiencing emotional/cognitive disabilities and/or a mental health disorder preferred.
- Up to three years overall experience and one year of experience with youth & adults experiencing emotional/cognitive disabilities and/or a mental health disorder can be substituted for Bachelor's Degree in human service/health related field.
- Office Equipment i.e. Computer, Fax Machine, Copier, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with youth & adults experiencing emotional/cognitive disabilities and/or a mental health disorder, their families, and regional and local service providers.
- Basic counseling skills and knowledge of rehabilitative services for substance use disorders preferred.
- Ability to assume responsibility, meet deadlines and follow schedules with minimal supervision.
- Good computer skills.
- Yup'ik/Cupik-English bilingual preferred.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905
ID:14242Location:BethelDepartment:Behavioral HealthEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.