ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare bottle orders based on client need to be shipped directly to the client for sampling, for client sample pickups and for our field service department to deliver to clients at sample pickups.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prepare bottle orders based on client testing needs to be packed in coolers and mailed out via FedEx, for field sampling staff to take with them to client sites and for clients who are dropping off samples at the laboratory.
- Order and stock bottles for various laboratory testing and client needs.
- Preserve bottles according to testing needs.
- Perform duties in other departments including sample receiving and aliquot.
- Will receive samples from outside clients and field service personnel and inspect for proper containers, temperatures, preservatives, etc.
- Aliquot samples for various methodologies.
- Subcontract samples to approved laboratories for analysis.
- Professional appearance and conduct to both ALS staff and clients.
- Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Follow PPE policies. Handle hazardous material appropriately and safely.
- Ensure compliance with assigned SOP's, QA manual and HSE policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
- Desire to work in an administrative position in a laboratory setting.
- Detail oriented - able to accurately interpret and transcribe information from a client chain of custody into the laboratory computer system.
- Possession of excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with chemical symbols and general scientific terminology.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff, management and clients in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Ability to work irregularly scheduled hours including overtime and weekends if necessary.
- Basic knowledge of EPA methodologies.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or a related field or previous laboratory experience is preferred.
- The ability to stand, bend and sit for 100% of shift.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management and clients.
- Able to lift 50+ lbs. on a consistent basis (may use a dolly for situations requiring heaving loads).
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computers, equipment and handle glassware.
- Average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Able to perform repetitive motion actions.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.