The Building Engineer will be required to maintain the physical integrity of a 187,000 sq. ft. Class A commercial building located in Addison, Texas. This position involves the responsibility of operating and maintaining all HVAC and MEP equipment, performing general maintenance items, and handling all service requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check emails/texts daily and respond accordingly.
- Provide prompt and courteous response to tenant requests within the guidelines set forth by the Property Manager.
- Schedule and manage quarterly/annual inspections including, but not limited to:
- Building and garage sprinkler system
- Life safety system
- HVAC system
- Adjust and change HVAC equipment to maintain established comfort zones including:
- Building environmental controls: Thermostats, Fresh air and exhaust systems, Duct dampers and motors, Belt and pulley adjustments
- Perform general repairs, maintenance, and replacement of building components
- Inspect building facilities to identify building maintenance needs; complete inspection and preventive maintenance reports, recommend, prioritize, and perform corrective maintenance as required.
- Perform work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Follow all current emergency procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Assist with evacuations.
- Assist emergency authorities and response teams in capacity of fire/life safety director.
- Read and interpret sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with contractors, vendors, tenants, team members, and building owners.
- Assist to ensure compliance with all City, State, and Federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards, and regulations.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammers, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips
Power Tools: Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders, etc.
Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
Measuring Devices: Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, gauges, etc.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine.
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 50 lbs. Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is to be accomplished with assistance from one or more persons.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in commercial HVAC.Education/Training:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.Work Hours:
Minimum of forty (40) hours per week. Weekends and after-hours as circumstances warrant.Transportation:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors. May require expedient travel to the property at moment’s notice.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
“Glazer’s Beer and Beverage provides equal employment opportunities toapplicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.”http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.Please note that job application deadlines will vary by position. The ability to enter and submit an application in UltiProwill not guarantee that the position is still open and that your application will be reviewed and considered. If you have questions regarding a specific job application deadline, please email@example.com(for internal candidates – contact the hiring manager).
This job has expired.
- Building Operator Certification
- Higher level of educational degree in related field