Business and Financial Coordinator - Office of Research, College of ACES
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything the College of ACES does is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story.
Title: Business and Financial Coordinator
Provide critical support of the sponsored research administration and financial management activities of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) Office of Research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administrative Operations
- Provide financial direction for the ACES Office of Research, Division of Nutritional Sciences (DNS), and the ACES Plant Care Facility (PCF)
- Serves as the financial liaison with ACES departments regarding financial matters related to sponsored programs administration
- Provide guidance and support in service center activities
- Provide pre-award support to faculty and principal investigators in the preparation and submission of multidisciplinary grant proposals involving the Office of Research. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and interpreting sponsor regulations and guidelines, as well as University policies and procedures for submission and ensuring all requirements are met;
- Preparing proposal application packages for appropriate submission systems, budgets and budget justifications, current and pending support, and other proposal documentation;
- Serve as a liaison to Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) to assist with requests related to proposal submission and award negotiations, as necessary
- Financial and Reporting
- Monitor the operating budget of the Office of Research, DNS, and PCF
- Manages budgetary control, budget analysis, and reports as needed for special events and annual operating budget
- Assist with the development of financial plans and reports associated with the management and administration of the Office of Research and the DNS and PCF
- Track and monitor Office of Research financial commitments
- Manages BA4, the financial tracking software for the Office of Research, in conjunction with the ACES Office of Business, Finance and Resource Planning
- Oversee, process, and track financial transactions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, accounting, or a field related to the position. Two (2) years of professional business, financial, and/or managerial work experience in accounting, budgeting, or resource planning in a higher education setting. Demonstrated experience with external grant processes.Preferred Qualifications
Experience with BA4 or similar financial software applications.
Illinois Certified Research Administrator designation.
Experience with Banner and other University applications, such as ARS, iBuy, Chrome River, etc.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of University organizational structure, fund sources, accounting system, and policies and procedures.
- Ability to act with initiative and make independent decisions with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with both internal and external personnel.
- Ability to plan work with changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to read and understand written material and extract important points.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to interact with a broad array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Results-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills, and capable of meeting tight deadlines and juggling multiple priorities.
The position is classified as a 100%-time Business Administrative Associate on a 12-month service basis. The team leverages hybrid, remote work schedules
. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx . Salary/Appointment:
Commensurate with education and experience. The starting date will as soon as possible after the closing date. Procedures:
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on Thursday, April 6, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of the posting on jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and the names, address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Transcripts may be requested. For further information about this position, candidates may contact search committee chair, Barbara Godlew at email@example.com . For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Requisition ID
: 1016283 Job Category
: Administrative Apply at: