SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Business Development Director, you will be responsible for the Sales & KAM Teams focused on SGS Product Testing and Inspections for US Based Retailers, Brands, and Manufacturers for services executed both Domestically and Internationally.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Director will mentor, lead and drive the sales staff to properly present all SGS services to prospect customers to meet assigned revenue targets and budget
- Direct, guide, and support all US Based RFP's
- Collaborate with SBU's to increase HL growth and presence with Retailers and Brands managed by SL, RS, E&E. Identify business opportunities within HL Main Product Segments and partner with Operations, Technical Teams to enhance capabilities
- Work hand in hand with Global & Local Marketing Team to develop, update and/or promote events, specific category brochures, flyers or email campaigns
- Maintain and coordinate all HL Industry events and calendars
- Assign new accounts and business opportunities to Sales Team, as needed, and maintain KAM Legacy Account Matrix up to date
- Close engagement with overseas affiliates to ensure strategic global account alignment and market approach. Other responsibilities as required
- Leadership and Management of the HL Sales Team that is responsible for generating, securing, and closing sales in accordance with SGS strategies and individual Targets and KPI's
- Mentor & Support Sales Team for obtaining SGS Lab Approvals by US HL Customers for testing and inspection services
- RFP Global Coordination and Lead for US HardlineClients
- Collaborate and support the Key Account Management (KAM) Team to maximize legacy account portfolio, retention of accounts, and strategically position SGS as the preferred lab by delivering and elevating the client experience from our competitors
- Define and monitor KPI's and Sales Revenue Targets for Sales Staff
- Initiate and coordinate the development of action plans to penetrate new markets
- Work closely with the local and global marketing team to develop sales kits, brochures,marketing collaterals, promoting and sponsorship of events
- Prepare Quarterly Commission Reports for Domestic Sales Staff
- Participate in Global Account Alignment calls. Strong engagement with SGS Global Affiliates
- Travel to Client HQ's for Business Review Meetings
- Responsible for annual review of accounts to determine which accounts remain with Sales and which are to be transferred to Key Account Managers.
- Lead, coordinate and execute annual sales meetings with Sr. Leadership, key stakeholders and Sales/KAM Teams
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management and/or Marketing
- Minimum 10 Years in Business Development/Sales
- Travels up to 30 - 40% of the time. International travel required
- Proven leadership skills, ability to coordinate and motivate staff towards a common goal. Must take ownership of objectives and hold self-accountable.
- Ability to develop, communicates, and drives the execution of strategies/initiatives through the entire sales cycle, as well as at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Service-oriented and client-centric mindset. Professional; high standards in personal presentations
- Ability to network and engage the commitment of others. Troubleshooter, problem solver
This job has expired.
- MBA Business or Marketing
- Business Development/Sales - TIC Industry