We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager for Montrose Air Quality Services, the largest provider of source testing services in the US. You will report directly to the VP of Sales and work closely with our global business leaders, clients and team members to develop solutions for industrial facilities requiring source testing and implement client relationship and business development strategies in Northeast Region. You'll need to be willing to travel 50-75% of the time and have at least 2+ years of experience of client relationship management and business development experience, including sales. The location is flexible in the Northeast Region, allowing you to work remotely or be based at one of our locations within this territory.
WHAT RECENT BDM HIRES SAY ABOUT JOINING MONTROSE
"As an employee of Montrose Air Quality Services for almost a year and nearly five years in the industry, I've come to appreciate the Montrose brand. While working in an industry with ever-changing test requirements, it has been a pleasure working with a company so committed to staying ahead of the technological curve. Montrose has a deep field of Subject Matter Experts that are just a phone call away. When talking with clients or potential clients that have technical or industry-specific questions, I know their expertise will add credibility to help win the business. Montrose has a unique story. As an integrated environmental service company, we are able to help our clients with their needs under one roof." Montrose Business Development Manager
"Joining the Montrose team was a chance to be a part of an industry leading company in environmental solutions and services. I am able to meet my client's needs with comprehensive solutions to overcome their most difficult environmental challenges. Within Montrose, there is a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and expert support that allows me to provide a customer centric experience. It gives me pride to know I am a true partner to my clients." Montrose Business Development Manager
As a key leader on our team, you will focus on client relationships and business development activities primarily within the Montrose Air Quality Services. You will report to the VP of Sales and collaborate with our Business Development leaders located in the Northeast Region. This role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Prospect and identify strategic accounts within the geography, qualify leads and serve as the main point of contact between customers and employees
- Schedule sales appointments with prospects and clients, coordinate meetings, host presentations and webinars, and travel with subject matter experts (SME).
- Lead strategy development processes for organic growth and bring the required strategic market and competitive knowledge necessary to achieve growth
- Attend conferences and trade shows to represent Montrose Air Quality Services.
- Develop solutions for clients by working with, and leveraging, the extensive technical resources of the Montrose source testing and air laboratory SMEs.
- Facilitate and coordinate quote/proposal/RFP production and delivery to client from initial contact through purchase order
- Conduct and support client engagement activities to strengthen our relationships with our clients and increase our understanding of their needs.
- Partner with Operations to develop and implement the business segment's sales and business development plan.
- Drive the Group's overall strategic planning process.
- Grow the pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with strategic priorities in a manner that takes full advantage of the entire company's capabilities.
- Maintain the company CRM (Salesforce) with all leads, opportunities, prospects, customers, etc. to track metrics, share analysis and insights with leaders to drive activity and support the overall health of the business.
- Support the development of strategies that improve the quality and depth of market and competitor intelligence to influence and enhance win probability.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- BA/BS in Life Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience at least two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in sales, client relationship management and business development roles, preferably in technical/scientific services.
- Must live near major airport within the Northeast Region
- Strong scientific background with the ability to learn and understand technical content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen and problem-solve
- Worked in a small business, fast-growing or entrepreneurial environment
- Strong technical, analytical and presentation skills are a must
- Dynamic, motivated, and results-oriented creative thinker and problem-solver, willing to work hands-on as needed in a team-oriented environment
- A good planner, multi-tasks efficiently and maintains a productive balance between gaining new and servicing existing customers across a diverse geography
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and strong customer-service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail and Salesforce.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.MAKE THE MOVE
We are an environmental services provider offering environmental planning and permitting, measurement and analytical services, and environmental resiliency and sustainability solutions. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates, and policy experts are proud of our collective expertise and the collaborative nature of our approach to helping clients. We strive to optimize environmental resiliency in a way that effectively complements our clients' decision-making and operations and efficiently fulfills their project requirements. Montrose Environmental Group has over 50 offices across the United States, Canada and Australia and over 1,300 employees - all ready to provide solutions for environmental needs.
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
Montrose is committed to protecting your Personal Information (as defined in the link below) and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice ("Privacy Notice"), or our practices with regards to your Personal Information, please visit us at https://montrose-env.com/privacy/ or contact us at 1 Park Plaza, Suite 1000 Irvine, CA 92614.
This job has expired.