Looking to move forward in your career? West Virginia University is hiring Campus Service Workers! With a variety of locations and shifts available, working in the Facilities Management department at WVU will give you the flexibility you need. Campus Service Workers provide a variety of maintenance and support services to the University, maintaining buildings and grounds across campus. They are front-line professionals who enhance the atmosphere of WVU, using every opportunity to provide a pleasant, positive and high-quality learning environment.
To make this mission as simple and successful as possible, CSWs have access to state-of-the art equipment, from eco-friendly air filters to lightweight vacuums and scrubbers. The Facilities team uses science-based procedures, tools and products to clean for health and reduce the spread of germs and disease.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Clean and maintain interior appearance of all buildings, including floors, carpets, furniture, walls, bathrooms, kitchens and more.
- Clean and maintain exterior appearance of all buildings, including removing leaves and debris, cleaning gutters, removing snow and ice, spreading salt, washing graffiti and more.
- Operate various machinery, including walk-behind and riding scrubbers, high-speed burnishers, and hand and power tools.
- Properly mix and dilute commercial strength disinfectants, detergents and solutions, calculating the appropriate amount to use.
- Relocate offices and classrooms by lifting and loading/unloading furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc. using handtrucks, dollies and other equipment.
- Assist in set-up and tear-down of equipment for special events.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks, including collecting trash and recycling, replenishing supplies, locking/unlocking doors, assisting other workers and responding to various requests.
- Remain current in safety requirements and attend periodic training sessions.
The Division of Facilities and Services encompasses two units that are integral to the University’s success. Our units employ talented and skilled workers whose jobs range from maintaining, protecting and improving the University’s buildings and grounds. Facilities and Services takes care of every aspect of WVU so that its employees, students and guests are safe and satisfied on campus. Work Hours:
Day shifts availablePay Grade:
7 (Starting at $13 an hour) WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 0-6 months directly related experience (Preference may be given to candidates with greater amounts of directly related experience)
This job has expired.
- Physical coordination and demands include:
- Hand/eye coordination
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing, walking, climbing, stooping and bending daily
- Ability to move furniture and unload supplies daily
- Ability to work from ladders and confined spaces as needed
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 75 pounds as needed