Location: Philadelphia, PA
*****If this message does not apply to you, please check out www.judge.com and let me know what does******
Chief Medical Officer - looking for board certified Psychiatrist
Reports: 12 direct reports currently (Senior Directors, Directors, Psychiatrists, Admin Assistant)
Schedule: M-F (some travel needed throughout Philadelphia/Pennsylvania)
Extras: experience in managed care is a plus. Knowledgeable of Medicaid.
The Chief Medical Officer is as a key member of leadership team, developing a medical point of view for Client, providing medical leadership to the executive team, and oversight of team of Physician Advisors and pharmacy initiatives.
• Engages externally with other payers, providers, and regulatory bodies. Represents medical societies and other Provider/Payer CMO's.
• Assists operations/programs to comply with accreditation and regulatory standards, including but not limited to NCQA, Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations, PA Department of Human Services, CMS, and corporate and medical policies.
• Provides oversight over all quality activities, including all functions within the Quality Management Area. Functions include creation, development and implementation for all Quality Improvement related activities.
• The CMO has direct responsibility for the Physician Peer Advisors (PA) within and assures adequate PA resources consistent with all regulatory and NCQA requirements.
• Oversees Pharmacy staff and initiatives
• The CMO chairs:
o Credentialing Committee, ensuring appropriate credentialing practices for the organization.
o Utilization Management, reviewing under and over utilization, performance of medical spend to budget, and development of new services that could affect the utilization of existing services.
• Works closely with organization and enterprise leaders for the purposes of strategic planning and operationalizing initiatives.
• Lends expertise and guidance to initiatives focused on Social Determinants of Health, physical health and behavioral health integration, disease management and population health.
EDUCATION: Licensed MD/DO from Accredited Medical School
LICENSURE: Current Board certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10 years of clinical experience in the behavioral health field
Managed care experience highly preferred
Senior Management experience
Demonstrated leadership skills
Excellent strategic planning skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please send your MOST UP TO DATE resume to David Friedman at Dfriedman@judge.com or give David a call/txt at (770-696-8035). I will reach back to you and provide you with more information in greater detail.