Dragados USA is seeking a Civil Project Engineer to support the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel expansion. This role will be responsible for providing technical support to the construction operations on the project. Competitive Pay! Great Benefits!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead project meetings to collect and disseminate information pertaining to the project.
- Responsible for technical specifications/drawings review and resolution.
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of technical information between/within the company and the owner.
- Schedule and monitor program activity to achieve an on-time result including follow-up with external suppliers to ensure timely response to action items.
- Create bill of materials, referencing to project drawings and specifications.
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering, and design.
- Determines possibility of conflicts/delays in the construction process by reviewing project drawings. Analyzes the process to determine likelihood of detection and resulting effect. Suggests preventative steps for correction.
- Ensure that project charges are correctly represented for accounting's closing process.
- Evaluates that project charges are correctly represented for accounting's closing process.
- Manages subcontractors and change orders on project.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- At least 5 years of experience within a construction firm
- Communication - excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Field experience preferred
- Professional Engineer License preferred
- Construction experience in heavy civil projects
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, MS Project
- Knowledge with Primavera P6 Scheduling Software is a plus
- Goal oriented - able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal - able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Construction Management
- Ms Project
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.