Position: Class A Transport Driver
Location: Syracuse, NY
Schedule: M-F Days, Possible Sat (Depending on Demand)
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Class A Transport Driver in our Syracuse, NY location! The Transport Driver delivers gas, diesel and propane materials to customer sites in a safe and efficient manner; the goal is to cross train all drivers, as time permits to ensure the success of our business operations.
At NOCO, you are more than just a truck driver. You'll operate equipment, manage relationships with customers and be empowered to make the right decisions for your deliveries, all while being part of a team that leads in the energy industry.
What You Will Do
What You Will Need
- Operate a commercial motor vehicle according to applicable state and federal transportation laws.
- Transport loads safely and in a timely manner over required route, obeying all traffic laws and observing all safety regulations.
- Deftly maneuver truck into loading and unloading areas.
- Verify load against shipping papers and accurately delivers required products as dispatched.
- Assist with loading of or load and unload goods and materials, using specialized equipment when warranted.
- Maintain signed invoices, shipping bills of lading, and other required paperwork; delivers documentation to office or other appropriate staff when delivery route is complete.
- Maintain proper physical condition of vehicle and equipment; reports problems areas to manager.
- Operate within all industry, OSHA, DOT and company safety rules an policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What We Offer
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in propane industry preferred
- Class A License (minimum required) with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements
- Current Medical Certification required
- Must pass background and drug testing as required by federal and/or state department(s) of transportation regulations
- Ability to drive safely
- Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps
- Ability to plan delivery routes
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
- Prolonged periods sitting in a trailer cab for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds at a time.
- Pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals/fuels or fumes.
- Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Boot allowance (twice per year)
- Paid lunch break