Job Code and Payroll TitleTroubleshoots or investigates malfunctioning Chemistry procedures and analyzers.Aids in the development of new procedures or modify existing procedures under the direction of a project leader. Performs lab compliance procedures including calibration and calibration verification of assays.Establishes and maintains QC materials and data.Assists in training of new CLS's and CLS trainees.Works as a bench CLS as needed.This position is eligible for a $3,000 Sign-on Bonus! New employees only.Organization
008939 CLIN LAB SCI SPEC
Oversees workflow of the lab to ensure turn-around times are met.
Clinical Lab Scientist SpecialistEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
Days, Rotating, WeekendsBargaining Unit
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX) Job Category
Allied Health, Clinical LabsRequired Qualifications
- Demonstrated superior theoretical knowledge, technical judgment and skills and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Assumes responsibilities for keeping abreast of technical developments through current literature review. As requested by a Chemistry Supervisor, evaluates new procedures and makes recommendations.
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- Two years of recent experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
Prefer five years of Chemistry experience, to include, but not exclusive of, experience in:
- High volume hospital clinical laboratory.
- Current automated equipment/methods in the area of specialty.
- Development of new assays.
- Writing SOP.
- Teaching, including orientation and training of employee.
- Word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- A valid California Department of Health Clinical Laboratory Technologist license or a temporary license pending passing the next scheduled licensure examination.
Full TimeDepartment Name
Clinical Lab - ChemistryEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Mission Bay (SF)
This job has expired.