Location: Portsmouth, VA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator in Portsmouth, VA Area!
Are you a Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator working in the Healthcare and/or Health Insurance fields? If not, do you want to be? Are you looking to join a great organization where they actually WANT you to grow professionally and climb the ladder? If you are, keep reading. If you aren't you can keep reading too if you'd like. Now that you're here, our client in Portsmouth, VA area is in immediate need of your skills. If you made it this far, send me an e-mail so we can discuss this role further and I can get you in front of the hiring manager and get an interview scheduled. Sound good? Good. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org and some more information about the job is below. I'll be waiting for your e-mail.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Responsible for coordinating the research activities of assigned IRB-approved study protocols
- Reports and is responsible to the Principal Investigator (PI) and supports the CID department head in accordance with federal and local regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinate research activities and direct patient care of assigned IRB approved protocols such as physical assessments, vital signs, assessing specific signs and symptoms, and drawing blood (if applicable).
- Administer investigational drugs as specified in the protocols.
- Use managerial, communication (written and verbal) and leadership skills in all PI and human subject interaction.
- Use programs such as Word, Excel, etc., as well as clinical computer systems including Composite Health Care System (CHCS-I) and Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA).
- For consultation, reporting, exchange of information, orientation, teaching, support for the performance of duties, and to guide patients through a research protocol, will maintain and document contact with study subjects and research personnel from government agencies, granting agencies, industry sponsors, etc.
- Work with the PI to develop and implement recruitment strategies in accordance with IRB/HRPO requirements and approvals.
- Recruit and screen research subjects using protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Ensure the informed consent process has taken place effectively, all subject questions are answered satisfactorily, and the process is documented. In collaboration with the research pharmacist, ensure correct receipt, dispensation and accountability/documentation of investigational drugs per the sponsor protocol on Investigational Drug/Device Accountability.
- Ensure subjects receive education on compliance, possible side effects, drug interactions and the importance of contacting the coordinator and study team members as applicable.
- Ensure adequate inventory of study supplies, including drugs, devices, etc. Prepare other study materials as requested by the PI. These study materials include, but are not limited to, the informed consent document, case report forms (CRFs)/data collection forms (DCFs), enrollment logs, concomitant medication/adverse events logs and drug/device accountability logs
- Assist the PI in development of materials and tools necessary to appropriately train individuals involved in the execution of a study related to (but not limited to) protocol requirements, schedule of visits, execution of research plan. Train appropriate personnel as needed. Maintain documentation of training.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of two years' experience coordinating research protocols OR certification as a Certified Clinical Trial Investigator (CCTI), Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), or Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA)
- Working knowledge of U.S. Federal government regulations regarding the conduct of human clinical research.
- Clinical competence in application of professional nursing theory, practice, and skills for the care of pediatric and adult patients.
- Complete human subject protection training developed by the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), and integrity training within one month from start date.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a favorable NACLC T3 security investigation
Now that you have made it this far and spent 5 minutes of your life reading this posting, you HAVE to send me your resume, right? Good. I'm glad we're in agreement. Now send that resume to me at: email@example.com Contact:
- Masters degree preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral modes and to teach in formal and informal settings.
- Skills in counseling, guidance and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Good typing skills to allow online documentation of patient interactions.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com