The Cloud Business Office is seeking a Consulting Systems Engineer with broad public cloud experience to join our small team to understand, report and optimize cloud costs. You will implement systems to detect and alert on cost anomalies and collaborate with teams to optimize their public cloud infrastructure spend using best practices. You are proactive, focussed on automation. You are experienced but flexible, adopting and growing in a rapidly changing enterprise environment.
- Work as part of the Cloud Business Office to implement financial controls and governance for our public cloud infrastructure.
- Delivery of cost control and reporting via code.
- Automate workflows for setting Azure budgets and monitoring cloud infrastructure costs for Finance and Product Owners.
- Code reporting/alerting solutions for budget holders' needs.
- Enable cost analysis and recommendations for optimization via self-service dashboards.
- Programmatically connect public cloud provider APIs with in-house financial systems.
- Collaborate with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Systems Engineering, Product Owners, and Finance.
- Write and maintain systems / application documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interact with Vendors and help escalate support requests. Automate reporting.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Solid Azure cloud experience running real world enterprise applications
- Experience in building and operating "infrastructure as code" with TerraForm
- Practical knowledge of programmatically interacting with Azure and AWS via their command lines tools and APIs.
- Proficiency in high-level programming language(s), Python preferred.
- Experience with building automation and pipelines with CI/CD tools
- In-depth understanding of components of public cloud infrastructure and their costs.
- Working experience with source control tools (Git) and code development workflows.
- Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge
- Data visualization or Business Intelligence tools, specifically PowerBI.
- Experience with cloud management tools like Cloud Custodian.
- Use of orchestration tools such as Terraform, Vault, Sentinel.
- Experience with cloud provider billing and cost optimization tools; native, custom, or third party.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery tools - e.g Gitlab or Jenkins.
- SQL experience for queries and reporting e.g. in MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Basic understanding of budgets and financial concepts.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, Agile, DevOps environment.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Proven background managing infrastructure in public cloud
- Desirable - intermediate Azure, AWS Certifications
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.