Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
Responsible for the safe operation, housekeeping, and bar code labeling of manual and semi-automated metal stamping equipment. (*Stacker)
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at BWay are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any / all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list:
- Responsible for the safe operation, housekeeping, and bar code labeling of manual and semi-automated metal stamping equipment. (Stacker)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
Job RequirementsEducation and Experience Requirements:
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- In-depth knowledge of changeovers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school and little to no (minimal) previous training
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Exposure/experience to manufacturing.
- Understands quality, PPE requirements and safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required PPE at all
- Ability to read and understand production schedules, production orders and instructions.
- Ability to operate production machinery in a safe
- Ability to perform required Quality Checks and record results as appropriate.
- Ability to achieve or exceed demonstrated production rates while maintaining safety and quality.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and be willing and able to work on multiple machines during the shift.
- Must comply with quality, PPE requirements and safety and understand the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
- Basic Math skills
Physical/Visual Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to be on feet up to 8-12 hours per shift
- Use of hands and fingers to perform job function
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend and climb
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs
(Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand.
- Position is associated with pushing, pulling, climbing, handling, reaching, stretching, and working in tight and high places.
(Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job).
Inside conditions, extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), exposure to humidity, working in tight areas, high noise levels from production environment, including some exposure to outside weather elements, oil and dirt.
"Commonly associated" is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.