Position Title: Collections Specialist
Location: Dallas, TX (hybrid)
The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced, goal-oriented collections department. Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts, customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit notes.
What you'll do
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Enlist the efforts of various internal groups to accelerate the collection process.
- Communicate & follow up effectively with customers regarding their accounts daily.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, asset managers and property operation teams.
What you'll need
- High volume phone/email to assigned customers
- Weekly and monthly ledger reconciliations, aging review and reporting to direct supervisor
- Monthly delinquency notifications to Real Estate Management teams
- Processing monthly credit memos and gather appropriate documentations and approvals
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to external and internal customers
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the accounts receivable department.
A bit about us
- 3-5 years high volume corporate collections experience.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and collections procedures
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Exceptional communication, attention to detail, goal oriented, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with SAP Business One and Oracle.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel experience
- Experience in a real estate environment is preferred but not required.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290+ facilities in 50 metros across 26 countries and 6 continents.A bit about our Finance and Accounting team
Our Finance team works in one of the world's fastest growing and most exciting business sectors. We use our financial expertise and commercial awareness to support and develop an international, publicly-listed organization. From managing budgets to financial planning, we deliver a full range of finance and accounting services to help our business stay on track and meet our goals. We also have other specialist areas of expertise including Portfolio Management and Lease Administration.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
This job has expired.