Every day, our team members do amazing things in pursuit of our shared purpose to build trust with our clients, partners, subcontractors, and teammates. No matter your background, education, or career path, if you share our vision to create extraordinary experiences, you belong at HITT.
Commercial Construction Intern
HITT Contracting is seeking an seasonal intern to join our Operations team. While gaining firsthand understanding of a dynamic and fast-growing general contractor, this individual will provide administrative assistance to support of the operations team.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, high-performing, and has strong communication skills. Key to this position is the ability to multi-task and to remain productive while working under multiple deadlines. The position requires attention to detail and the overall objectives.
- Support the project management team with subcontractor and supplier coordination, material tracking, file management, document control (submittals, RFIs and change orders) and progress reporting. Assist the preparation of bid packages and work with team members to solicit and evaluate subcontractor bids.
- Support both administrative and construction projects/procedures, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, execute material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates, and attend preconstruction meetings and client walk-throughs.
- Collaborate with site operations and workforce to assist with project layout, construction drawing and trade coordination, verification of site conditions, safety, and quality control.
HITT Contracting, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply. HITT Contracting, Inc. promotes a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university within the construction, engineering, or business concentrations strongly preferred.
- Previous industry internship/work experiences a plus
- Ability to work approximately 40 hours per week for the duration of the 10-week construction internship program (no overtime available)
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to learn sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam
- Ability to actively participate in social events, weekly intern classes, and HITT culture activities.
- Exceptional customer and client focus, ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong positive attitude, ability to follow direction, take initiative, display desire to learn.