This job has expired.
The Mental Health Worker is responsible for following established policies and procedures, performs a variety of therapeutic activities as specified by the treatment program and the individual patient treatment plan.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Utilizing a holistic approach performs basic nursing care and activities within scope and practice as directed by the licensed nurse to include the goal directed plan of care for the patient.
• Performs basic nursing care and treatments within scope of practice as directed by the licensed nurse to include, but not limited to, activities of daily living (ADLs), vital signs, intake and output measurements and patient observation as assigned.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient need and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to Billings Clinic safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Supports the Magnet Model of quality nursing care.
• Maintains confidentiality within the treatment team and helps patients to understand confidentiality for themselves and others.
• Assists in managing crisis situations requiring control and restraint of patients. Utilizes crisis intervention techniques and judgment that demonstrates the ability to intervene in potentially explosive situations with patient in a manner that maintains patient dignity and patient and staff safety.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, and interdisciplinary care team.
• Acts as a resource, role model and mentor. Responds to questions and assists with problem resolution.
• Performs clerical duties to maintain unit flow which may include paperwork coordination, supply ordering and daily quality checks.
• Utilizes electronic applications to support daily staff and patient workflow, which include, but are not limited to admissions and discharges, order entry and procedures coordination.
• Ability to effectively utilize phone systems. Answers telephone calls, responds to routine inquiries and relays other calls and messages promptly. Notifies appropriate personnel of requests.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posted 15 minutes ago
Posted 14 minutes ago
Posted 8 minutes ago