The Contracts & Compliance Manager's primary responsibilities are negotiation and management of commercial contracts including confidentiality, development, channel partner, supply and purchasing agreements on a global basis. Negotiates new and amended agreements with customers and vendors, ensuring conformance with company policies while maintaining a high level of accuracy and responsiveness.
Responsible for all compliance matters relating to the Altra Code of Busines Conduct and Ethics Policy and global responsibility for the Altra Anti-Corruption and Channel Partner policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the focal point with third parties on contractual issues and legal issues.
- Supports the commercial team in drafting contract terms, and redlining customer terms.
- Educating business team on fundamentals of business contracts including but not limited to protecting Portescap's confidential information, obligations we undertake in protecting customer or supplier confidential information, and Portescap's standard terms and conditions of sale.
- Work with internal legal counsel on a regular basis for legal support.
- Leads the negotiation of commercial terms and conditions for new and/or changed contracts with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for administration and management of contracts through contracts standard work and for maintaining and updating records at the Portescap level (SharePoint) and Altra level (iContract).
- Reviews final agreement and/or contract document(s) for compliance with company policies and signing authority matrix prior to execution by company executive management.
- Prepares internal documentation and memos required by company procedures prior to execution of final contract documents.
- Prepares internal status and other periodic or as required reports to keep company management informed of contractual and legal issues.
- Provides feedback to management regarding possible problems or areas of improvement and makes recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Manages contracts through full contract life cycle.
- Advises and adheres to risk-management policies.
- Responsible for compliance monitoring and helping to enforce regulatory compliance efforts at state, federal, and international levels.
- Analyzes new law, regulation, and contract trends for potential impact on business.
- Oversight of channel partner due diligence process including but not limited to automated screening, clearing red flags, and working with corporate legal team to draft appropriate channel partner agreements.
- Monitors and oversees compliance of Altra Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Educates associates on existing and new Altra Compliance Programs.
- Work with in-house counsel for any disputes, litigation, or threats of litigation with customers or suppliers.
- Willingness to attend professional seminars on corporate compliance, trade regulation and contract management on a quarterly basis.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Contract expertise in a high-tech environment in commercial, government and distributor contracts.
- Ability to analyze significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions
- Project management experience, ability to prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Negotiation skills and experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, problem solving ability and ability to work independently.
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and drive to implementation
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management to effectively resolve issues
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and to remain calm and positive in adverse situations
- 3 or more years of contract leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor's and paralegal degrees strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with customers in multiple regions of the globe preferred
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.