Contracts Manager We are one of the largest employee-owned commercial, industrial, heavy civil, and marine contractors in the Northeast, and we are continuing to grow. Throughout our 70 years in the construction and construction services industry we have safely and efficiently planned, managed, and constructed many technically complex, historic, and environmentally sensitive projects for a variety of public and private clients across the US.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to provide legal support and advice for vertical construction projects. The Contracts Manager provides contract risk assessments to management and will be the legal authority for contract negotiation, administration, project support, and dispute resolution.
Top Reasons to Work with Us *- $130-$160k - Competitive salary and excellent benefits*
*- Excellent company culture and growth opportunities*
*- Diverse and challenging project portfolio*
*- Scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs*
What You Will Be Doing - Draft and negotiate contracts for construction and construction management services at risk for commercial and industrial vertical construction projects
- Draft and negotiate Design-Build agreements with owners and agreements with the designers
- Determine and develop a suitable risk profile for construction business opportunities, draft and negotiate acceptable contract terms
- Draft and negotiate consents to assignments with lenders providing financing to Owners for projects in construction
- Assist in negotiating agreements with subcontract service providers
- Provide training and advice to project teams on managing contract requirements
- Support project team performance to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Oversee resolution of contract disputes, claims, and significant change orders
- Work with the project team on issues related to contract administration
What You Need for this Position - Minimum 5 years of experience in construction contract administration, negotiation, and interpretation (experience in commercial market highly preferred)
- Law degree and admission and good standing in the bar of at least one jurisdiction
- Combination of education and experience in construction, facilities management, or construction law preferred
- Familiarity with project delivery by Design-Build, delegated design authority, contractor, construction manager at risk, construction manager as advisor models, and familiarity of projects where the contract sum is based on the cost of work
- Demonstrated proficiency with contract forms such as AIA, EJCDC, ConcensusDocs, and common private forms used in vertical construction such as CM, CM at Risk, Design-Build, and progressive GMP
- Understanding of contract issues in the delivery of construction contracts: indemnity, warranty, guaranty, performance guarantees, and liquidated damages
- Experience resolving construction disputes in court and arbitration proceedings
What's In It for You - Vacation/PTO
So, if you are a Contracts Manager with experience, please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.