A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Under general direction, operate one biomass fired boiler and one (1) 65 MW steam turbine by utilizing a Siemens DCS and various PLC operated controls. Position does include operation of all associated equipment, in order to provide electrical generation to the grid in a safe, environmentally compliant and reliable manner.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and maintains proper operation of all machinery.
- Follows and promotes standard and established practices, refers to operation and service manuals to evaluate and maintain proper operation of all machinery.
- Ability to efficiently operate distributed control systems (DCS) to control boilers, steam turbine, and their ancillary equipment.
- Ability to efficiently operate various PLC controls to control wood yard and wood drying equipment as well as various boiler ancillary equipment
- Ability to solve complex problems in a timely manner pertaining to the operation of the power plant equipment
- Operates equipment to ensure uninterrupted power generation to the grid.
- Monitors and records pressures, temperatures, and fuel consumption on the operating equipment.
- Identifies and informs appropriate individuals of symptoms requiring maintenance action.
- Has knowledge to ensure the safe operating condition of machinery and takes immediate corrective action should unsafe conditions exist.
- Performs and promotes work in a safe manner according to established safety procedures and reports or rectifies any unsafe conditions.
- Displays willingness to work in a team environment and follow directions and instructions from members of management.
- Must be present and ready to begin working at the designated time.
- Must be available to work occasional scheduled or unscheduled overtime, as required.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts that include holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must have the ability to interface diplomatically with other employees and the public.
Education / Experience / Background
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 7 plus years' experience in power generation industry operating steam generators and steam turbines to produce electricity to the grid
- Extensive hands-on experience in the operation and maintenance of steam generators, specifically solid fuel boilers.
Knowledge / Skill / Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, manuals and drawings, and procedures
- Ability to interpret and react to alarm management systems
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of daily plant logs
- Familiar with distributed control systems (DCS) and human machine interfaces (HMI's) controlling complex systems
- Familiar with basic google products
- Must have experience with sound safety practices using hand tools and power equipment related to job assignments
- Able to work rotating-shift assignments to support plant operations
- Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 50 pounds
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Valid Georgia driver license or the ability to obtain
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a certification to wear a full-face respirator.
- Training on the operation of boiler/turbine DCS controls
- Training on CEMS and Emissions related control Systems
- General power plant heat transfer theory or related training
- Training on preventative maintenance and best practices.
The salary, compensation and benefits information is accurate as of the date of publication of this notice. The company reserves the right to change this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer! All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.