DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
Acts as the company's point of resource for corrosion mitigation and for maximizing the return on pipeline investment. Maintains all internal and external corrosion on the pipelines for the assigned areas including working with Operations and third-party vendors to help mitigate pipeline corrosion.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Learns how to use corrosion test equipment and instrumentation
- Assists in conducting internal corrosion treatments working with specialty chemical suppliers to monitor and treat pipelines in prevention of internal corrosion
- Learns to inspect and maintain Cathodic Protection (CP) equipment
- Maintains records and completes required reports
- Assists in performing Cathodicprotection pipe to soil surveys, reads rectifiers and records readings
- Maintains rectifiers andground beds
- Assists in performing atmospheric corrosion inspections and investigations and analyzing the data
- Assists in conducting close interval surveys, collects and analyzes data
- Supports executing remedial actions according to data results
- Maintains Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance and audits for assets
- Learns corrosion control methods and basic electrical function abilities in Direct Current (DC) and Alternating Current (AC) circuits
- Demonstrates willingness to learn and attend trainings to expand corrosion knowledge
- Expected to learn higher level skills and obtain certifications within a certain time period to move to Level I
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required
- No minimum years of related experience is required
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record
- Must work extended hours, rotating shifts, and/or overtime and call-outs as needed
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)/Association for Materials Protection and Performance (AMPP), Coating Inspector Program (CIP) and/or Cathodic Protection (CP) certifications preferred
- Knowledgeable of regulator standards and guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Possesses excellent safety record
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouches for durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
- Occasional travel may be required.
The salary is $69,888.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. Primary Location:
Corrosion / Full-timeJob Posting:
May 17, 2022, 3:49:17 PM
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.