Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Functions - The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company; setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses. The global Company headquarters is located just outside of Philadelphia in Wayne, PA. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Teleflex is a global provider of medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose-driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference.
Teleflex has an opportunity within its in-house legal department for a highly motivated attorney with strong commercial experience to join the organization as Counsel. This position will be located at Teleflex's corporate headquarters in Wayne, PA.
This role will be responsible for providing timely and effective legal support regarding contractual and other commercially oriented matters, primarily for the company's Interventional Urology Business Unit:
Education / Experience Requirements
- Provides practical legal advice to business clients on a variety of commercial and corporate matters, including contracts and healthcare laws and regulations.
- Reviews and negotiates contracts and other legal instruments involving the company.
- Assists the Associate General Counsel with advertising and promotional material reviews.
- Interprets contracts, laws, rulings and regulations, and clearly and effectively explains complex issues to the Associate General Counsel, Assistant General Counsels and to business clients.
- Assists the Associate General Counsel and Assistant General Counsels with legal research on a variety of subjects, including complex commercial matters and medical device regulatory issues.
- Oversees and supports the consistent implementation of strategic legal projects.
- Creates and updates contract templates based on best practices and evolving legal standards.
- Interfaces with outside counsel.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a top law firm or in-house legal department focusing in commercial/contract law and hands-on legal counsel to business clients.
- Experience providing legal advice to large corporate organizations, and experience in hospital and healthcare provider contracting and with fraud-and-abuse, anti-kickback and FDA laws and regulations are strongly preferred.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Pennsylvania Bar License, or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to make recommendations and exercise judgment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to independently manage a significant number of matters, appropriately prioritize workload, and plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image at all times.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
This job has expired.