The Customer Relations Specialist researches and responds to formal complaints on behalf of all areas of National General Insurance and completes claim file sharing requests on behalf of Special Investigations Unit (SIU).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Coordinate, research, and respond to formal complaints received from various sources, including the Departments of Insurance, Better Business Bureau, Executive Office, Affinity Groups, and other sources
- Review and compile claim documents for File Sharing Requests received from various sources, including law enforcement, the Departments of Insurance, and other insurance carriers
- Identify coaching opportunities, process improvements, and system issues and share with the appropriate parties
- Assist executive customers who call on the Executive Services line for policyholder service
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- In-depth knowledge of the insurance industry, including personal and commercial automobile, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, and homeowners insurance
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to diffuse upset customers
- The ability to make sound decisions that maintain compliance with state and company guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization, including senior leadership
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- High degree of independence, dependability, and motivation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience researching and responding to formal complaints from the Departments of Insurance and Better Business Bureau
- Experience with National General Insurance programs for all states and lines of business
- Experience with the claim-handling process
- Experience with EPIC software
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.