Responsibilities include working as part of a retail sales team to provide best in class customer care. The Customer Service Advisor (CSA) often begins as a Pick-n-Pull Greeter and can work their way up through Part Sales, Parts Specialist and eventually a store Sales Lead through positive work ethics and evaluations. This is a retail sales position that requires a “can do” selling spirit and the ability to work as a team to meet the store’s sales goals. The CSA will be present during all peak customer traffic periods which could include weekends, sale days, or any other occasion that would generate high customer flow into the store per the specified store schedule. The CSA will promote sales and service to customers. The CSA is expected to maintain the excellent standards of all Pick-n-Pull policies and procedures, while always being pleasant, respectful, and helpful.
- Promote the Pick-n-Pull Safety Culture.
- Be a team player. Work as a member of the team to help the team achieve its goals.
- Maintain a high level of integrity.
- Provide required information to customers as they enter the store. Offer friendly and enthusiastic answers to customer questions.
- Follow loss prevention, risk control, quality assurance, and proper cash handling procedures at all times.
- Work as a team towards housekeeping, janitorial, and other duties as assigned by the task list. This can include cleaning tires, carrying batteries, mopping floors, etc.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Identify when customer interaction requires assistance from management.
- Complete sales training and follow the Pick-n-Pull 5 Step Sales Model. Engage in continuous training and education in all areas of the Pick-n-Pull business.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Must work safely at all times.
- Must have good people skills with an outgoing friendly positive attitude.
- Able to work retail hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in the English language.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Be proficient in automotive part/product identification and recognize parts and how they relate to our customer receipts.
- Follow company dress code policy, maintaining a well groomed, neat appearance so as to create a favorable impression with customers.
- Previous experience in a retail environment preferred but not required.
Standing, lifting, walking, bending, and stretching are required regularly to perform customer care, product relocation and placement, and environmental health and safety functions.
- Manual dexterity to maintain the housekeeping of the facility by mopping, sweeping, etc. In conjunction, but not limited to, assigned task list duties.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as described above.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work shift.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to occasional noisy conditions and machinery operation.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.